Sunday, January 21, 2007

Solamente yo...

So, I've been here on my own for a whole two weeks. I have been keeping it very low-key. I went out a lot when Ezra and Gabe & Courts were here, so I've been trying to take it easy. Haven't been drinking and been doing a lot of reading. In fact, I have managed to read the entire Harry Potter series in 12 days. It was the only interesting books in English I could find. I would say the later books are or will probably be better than the movies, whereas the earlier books weren't as good. It definitely gets darker as you get along, though I do feel it loses a bit of steam with the last 2 books and spends most of it's time giving you backstory rather than keeping you interested. I am, however, eagerly awaiting the 7th. So I guess I'm a part of that club now...



Other than that, I have been doing some shopping for gifts for friends. I can't help myself. It's the best part of being in a foreign country. I have one more thing to get and I'm all caught up. I have been watching the NE Patriots climb their way towards the superbowl, even though the commentary is in Spanish. I have managed to do some writing, though not as much as I'd hoped. Still plugging away though...

Yeah, not too exciting, but hey, I'm on vacation so who cares. In my last week and a half I might go check out a few things I have not yet seen, but I kind of crammed a lot of touristy shit in with Gabe and Courts, so I'm not promising anything.

I am definitely ready to return to my regular life. The bocce courts are calling...

2 comments:

Clockwatcher said...

Ooh Harry Potter. Welcome to my world. I agree with you completely. But once you're in, you're in baby!

Clockwatcher said...

Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Bocce courts are indeed summoning you....