Friday, December 22, 2006

Landmines and Too Much Meat

I was up early one morning, which is not surprising as nobody goes out until the am, and I took some sunrise pics.





So the last two weeks have been fun. I've been learning lots of Castellano and eating ridiculous food. Again, you can see all our food adventures at BK in BA. I've decided that I might cut back on the meat intake for a while because I'm beginning to start getting things that I like to call "meat headaches" and "meat comas". We'll see how successful I become.

So the other day I went down to the Japanese gardens in the big park section of town. I ate at a little sushi restaurant they had. Needless to say it was not very good. I've given up on getting good sushi down here. It was a pretty little park, not what I would call a decent Japanese garden, but certainly a relaxing place to be. They had a pond with what I believe are Koi, which, if you stand on the bridge, will surface and open their moths hoping to be fed. There was also a cool duck that would wander around the park. Here are some pictures.












It's been getting pretty hot down here, and we've seen some crazy heat storms.



I would like to take a moment to talk about dog shit, or as I like to call it here, "landmines". It seems there is no social or financial repercussion for not cleaning up after your dog. That and the lack of well maintained sidewalks, walking around at night can be treacherous.




The holidays are coming up. We're not sure what we're planning to do yet. Apparently the 24th and 25th of December are big party nights. Ezra leaves next week right before my friend Gabe and Courtney arrive. I still have another 5 weeks left. I must say, I do miss NY a bit as I was away for a lot of November as well, but I am looking forward to having a few weeks here by myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In the picture with the Koi I'm imagining they're a barbershop quartet...

DrummStyle said...

That's funny, because they were actually singing an acapella version of "Living on a Prayer"